Headrush facilitates both formative and summative assessment, facilitating better learning for students and enabling proper record keeping for your school/organization’s needs.
Formative assessment can be provided in any the following ways and places in Headrush:
- On a piece of Evidence submitted by a student, as an advisor, add a comment
- On a Module Overview, as an advisor, add an comment
- On a Task Discussion, as a discussion post
- Directly on the respective piece of evidence
(e.g.- as a comment on a google document)
- On the Module Assessment by assessing learning targets, but not finalizing
(see ’Summative Assessment’ below)
Every Module has an Assessment tab where assessment data is centralized:
Students can begin the final assessment process by going to the Assessment tab, attaching final/culminating evidence and providing a final reflection.
Advisors can assess students in the same place— on the Assessment tab— and see the final evidence, student, reflection, and a quick view of evidence from all the tasks on the Module for that student.
When multiple students are on a give Module, Advisors have the option of assessing all students or a subgroup of students in batch. Likewise, the Advisor can assess students one by one:
Quick Tip: When assessing Learning Targets, the person assessing has the ability to apply a particular scale level to all learning targets.
Assessment Options Available in Headrush
Learning Target / Competency Assessment Per Module
Credit Awarding Per Module
- Grade / Mark Per Module
- Module Comments and Feedback
- Submitted Evidence Comments and Feedback
Common Assessment Questions
- Does Headrush have a ‘gradebook’?
Assessing learning targets along the way can be a great way to track/record a students progress overtime. Adding Learning Targets geared towards Behavior and habits can be a way to assess non-content work. Likewise, feedback and grades can be provided as comments on Evidence per student.
- How do I use my product or project rubric in Headrush?
See the related Rubrics in Headrush article
- How do I track external assessment data in Headrush?
(e.g.- NWEA, ALEKS, State Testing) We recommend adding these details to the overview or a task on a Personal Learning Plan Module. There is no current way to bulk update this data into Headrush.
- Can I award points to students for participation, etc?
Feedback, points, and grades can be provided as comments on Evidence per student, but there is currently no formal way to add or sum points for a student.
- Can students assess other students (i.e- peer assessment)?
No, not yet, but it is part of our vision.
- Can I invite external community members or project experts/mentors to assess students in Headrush? No, not yet, but it is part of our vision.